Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Wintry Thank You


Hello and Happy New Year! After a wonderful holiday, I am so excited to get back into my stamping room and create. One of my first pieces for this year is a vellum poinsettia card. I have been seeing these all over Pinterest like here and wanted to try one. Soooo, for this week's challenge at Clear it Out, I tried one, and I hope you like it as much as I do! Here are the details for the challenge and for my card:
Clear it Out Challenge - Make a Thank You card using your stash of BUTTONS!

To make the card, I simply printed this poinsettia image from Stitchy Bear (Currently FREE!) out twice on VELLUM.  Then, I cut several of the inner layers of the flower out from both and popped them up on dimensionals. Under one layer, I used some green glitter paper to help it match the border around the crumb cake cardstock. Finally, I stamped my "thank you", added the rhinestones and finished it off with a lovely Stampin Up diamond button. These truly are a stash item for me - I hoard them because they are so pretty!

So that's it for me. I hope you are staying warm and having a wonderful day wherever you are!

Made for these challenges as well:
Avenue 613 - Anything Goes with Wintry theme
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Come and Get it Challenge - Use something New - I used my new vellum technique!
Glitter and Sparkle Challenge - Anything Goes
Sweet Magnolia Challenge - Anything Goes
Robyn's Fetish Designs - Use a digi stamp




3 comments:

  1. Jen, this card is beautiful and I love the technique you used! I so glad you entered it into the challenge at 613 Avenue Create. Please stop by the neighborhood again next week as we will be having a Block Party and giving away some amazing prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautfiul card, love how you have created the poinsettia, thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challengfe this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and super image………….thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week……. Best of luck in the draw!!!!!

    SOMA
    (Robyn's Fetish DT)

    ReplyDelete