Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's Snow Time!

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday break and is ready for what 2013 brings. Let's hope it is full of good news! Today I am posting my snowflake ornament for a few challenges. It is a sneak peak for the Simply Create Too blog challenge. Also, the  Late Night Stampers group has a new blog and snowflake challenge up for folks to join. Check them out!

How I made it:
1. I cut out two lattice shapes from white cardstock with my Big Shot and layered them over one another.
2. I cut/punched out one large Night of Navy scallop and one smaller silver glitter scallop.
3. I stamped my snowman image and colored it in. Added a shaker frame with dazzling diamonds inside and an acetate cover.
4. To make the Navy circle frame, I punched one 1 1/4" circle out of the navy cs, then punched a 1 3/8 circle over that empty spot to create the "frame".
Now it's ready to hang on a tree or gift! Thanks for looking!

Other Challenges this fits:
Snow - Lexi's Creations
Blue Christmas - Addicted to Stamps
Snowflakes - The Hybrid Chick

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful! This is so cool, upi are brilliant. Love Thanks so much for playing along with us on the new LNS Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too cute and so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing this week at LNS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the lattice die to make the snowflake. I will be casing this idea. This is such a cute idea. Thanks for playing with us this week at LNS!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable and so glittery...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable ornament. Love the shaker element. Thanks for playing with us at LNS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for the snowflake! Thanks for joining the LNS challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome ornament Jen.

    Hugz Marjo

    ReplyDelete