Sunday, December 4, 2011

Retro-Holiday Dazzle

Greetings everyone! This card takes me back to the days when I was loving hot pink and drawing unicorns and rainbows on my school folders. Yes! Admit it...you did it too! Anyhow, the card would never have come together had it not been for two great challenges going on this week. First, I found this great sketch at Create with Connie and Mary to play with.


...then, I combined the sketch with the theme challenge at The Paper Players#75 ,which required using some unusual colors or images for a Christmas card. I haven't pulled out the Melon Mambo in quite some time, so I thought that pairing it with Concord Crush would make for an interesting holiday look. This little girl stamp from the Greeting Card Kids set is a new one for me, but I like how the image and the colors have a kind of retro-vibe going on. Thanks for stopping by!




Other Materials used:








10 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Jer! Great use of the sketch and I LOVE these colors for the little girl. I wish I had a purple coat--it would go great with a unicorn scarf too, lol! Thanks for joining us at CCMC and The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! I love these bright colors for Christmas! And I just love what you did with the glimmer snowflakes! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is sweet! I remember those days---at least when my daughter was doing it! Love your "retro" card! Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I love these retro, non-traditional colors and that little extra sparkle is just perfect. Love your snowflakes! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those great colors with the little girl...and fun snowflakes! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a bright and happy holiday card...LOVE the non-traditional colors and your sparkly snowflakes! LOVE IT! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sparkly and pretty! Great image and non-trad Christmas colors. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable and oh so cheerful! Great snowflake strip too! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable, Jer! I love these colors with this set! She is such a cutie! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jer, this is a happy holiday card, indeed! LOVE the color combo and the playful design in the paper. The sparkly snowflakes are a beautiful touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete