Sunday, October 30, 2011

Ka-POW! Creative Challenge



Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Today my six-year-old is pumped because his best friend is having a birthday party at a place called "The Bounce Depot." When I pick him in three hours, I'm sure he will be full of sugar and all sweaty from bouncing. Ahhh...the joys childhood. Can you remember the last birthday party you came away from in the same condition? I can't! At any rate, this is the card I put together for the birthday boy and I used Carrie Gaskin's challenge to help me with the layout. I know it shouldn't have a strip of paper across the top, but that big top banner hides an OOPS mistake I made when I stamped the sentiment upside-down. I wish all my mistakes were that easy to cover up:) Thanks for checking it out!

Materials used: Stampin Up Big Top Birthday DSP, Tempting Turqoise CS, Real Red CS, Daffodil Delight CS, Fox and Friends stamp set, Black ink, Scallop edge punch, scallop circle punch, circle punches, Holly Berry Buttons, Star punch



4 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! I can almost hear the sounds of the circus with this fun card! Thanks for playing at KKC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright colors on your card! Ahhh... the memories of wild birthday parties... where I live there's a place called GO BANANAS... believe me, I've GONE BANANAS in there!

    Thanks for playing at KKC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jer - this is so cute!! i love the banner topping...and this collection is my FAV by far in the catalog. You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The banner "oops" is what makes this card!!! Lovely birthday card.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete