Monday, July 11, 2011

Loving the New Stampin Up Paper!



Hello all! I hope it is a sunny day where you are and not too hot. I have been playing around with all my new Stampin Up papers today, and since I was in a flowery mood, this new designer paper called "Cheerful Treat" seemed to fit the look I was going for today. On Shelli's blog, she is challenging us this month to have some fun using brand new products, so I decided to show my LOVE with this card over the new papers!


Here's what I did to make the card:

1.The base and big scallop circle are cut from Concord Crush, then I layered the white patterened DSP over the top. Along the bottom, I chose some images from the striped side which makes some really pretty natural borders. So simple to do!

2. The hardest part came next in that I cut the strips for the crinkled flowers (I knew the technical name of these at one time, but it's lost on me now!) The pink one in the center is about 1.5 inches wide and scored every 1/4 of an inch, then it is scrunched together and held with a circle of sticky strip and some tombo glue in the center. The smaller green one started out at an inch, but I cut it down after I scored it to about half that.

3.Next, I used the Big Shot and my punches to cut out the circles, hearts, and swirls. I used the "love" sentiment from the new set of Pennant Parade."


This card is submitted for two challenges:




Thanks for looking! Have a glorious day!



4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is just fabulous! Love all those beautiful swirls! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. I love that it's mostly DP. I'm going to have to scour that new catalogue again - I didn't see this DP. It's gorgeous. Love the flourishes and medallions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a whimsical, fun, and lovely card. I enjoy looking at all of the elements you added to this card to make it such a great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, gorgeous card! You've done a wonderful job on colour choice and detail.

    ReplyDelete