Tuesday, January 5, 2010

PPA23 Anything But a Card Challenge

Hello! I am so excited to share with all of you the triptych I made for my new little neice's room that fits this week's challenge at PPA. It was so easy to do once I decided on a layout and picked out the colors. Abby's room is pink, but my sister eventually wants to paint it a light green, so I opted for the Tea Party DSP which has lovely accents of both.
I decided to make the butterflies white so they stood out against the background. I used the awesome Sizzix butterfly die from SU and the texture embossing plates to give the butterflies some subtle polka dots or swirls. In the center of them all I added pearls, soft subtles buttons and some glitter dots. The paper, ribbon borders and chipboard letters are under the frame, but the butterflies are all adhered with glue dots to the top of the glass making them look like they are really fluttering.

Though I layed out the three frames to work together with the butterflies floating off one frame to another, they also look good individually so that my sister could put them altogether as seen in the top picture or put them around the room in various places.Thanks so much for looking! Have a great day!
Materials used: SU pretties kit, white paper, SU butterfly sizzix die, Martha Stewert small butterfly punch,green glitter chipboard letter stickers, Soft subtles buttons, old ribbon, Tea Party DSP, gold cord tied in buttons.





3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is absolutely wonderful! I love how you designed them to be used alone or as a grouping! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flight of the butterflies! So glad you play @PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous, Jer! What a creative idea! It looks wonderful! I know your sister must love it! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete